Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Antigua, Days 3 and 4

Well, what can I say? We have visited Antigua right in the middle of a tiny rainy season I guess. It has rained, I kid you not, every day since we have arrived. Twice, middle of the night rains have been so torrential that they have awaken me from a dead sleep.
A local on the beach yesterday said to us that the rain is just liquid sunshine. Yeah right.
Eddie and I find ourselves saying, "Quick! The sun in out...let's get on the beach." to only find that in the five minutes it took us to gather up our things and get out there, another rain shower has moved in and taken our sunshine away. Yesterday after the 4th attempt at some beach time, I gave up, came inside and took a shower and put on regular clothes. Amazingly enough, it felt awesome to put a bra on. lol!
The forecast today said that we would have a 40% chance of rain in the AM. The sun in shining currently and it's the AM...perhaps I should get off blogger and get out in that sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment