Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life's a Beach

After complaining the first few days we were here about rain and little sunshine, the last two days have been amazing. We've spent our time sightseeing a little, exercising a little, eating a little, and lying on the beach a lot.

The waters in Antigua are the most beautiful I've seen. I've been to Hawaii...five islands in Hawaii and while the water is beautiful, it doesn't quite out do the water here. I've also seen the water in Cancun, Mexico, St. Maarten, Florida, and California. St. Maarten is a close second to the beauty of the water in Antigua.

We are staying in Jolly Harbour. The bay is tranquil. It's calm, relaxing, soothing, everything a beach should be in my opinion. The waters light up when the sun hits them, every shade of aqua blue you can imagine. It looks as if lights have been turned on under the water to create a vast pattern of sparkling beauty. I love hearing the small waves crash on the sand...it sounds like an outburst of applause the quickly comes and goes every time a wave hits the sand. It's a sound and sight that I shall never tire of. The best part is that I have my husband here with me to share the beauty of the beach with me. It may be cliche to say, but hey...life is a beach. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this totally makes me want to go to Antigua, or St. Maarten, or Hawaii, or heck- anywhere there's a beach!!!!! Sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a blessing to be near or on a beach. :) Thanks for reading my post!

    ReplyDelete