Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just Call Me Jack Sparrow

July 2nd was a pretty rainy day here in Antigua. Or should I say there was plenty of 'liquid sunshine' again yesterday? 
So, around 11 in the morning Eddie and I walk over to the front desk and purchase drink passes...yep...all you can drink, anything you want, all day long. 

Let me set the scene: Pina coloda in hand, second floor of the beach bar that overlooks the pool on one side and the ocean on the other. The ocean side is very tropical. If you look to the left you'll see glimpses of the aqua waves rolling in through the massive palm trees that shade the beach bar area. If you look to the right, you'll see nothing but miles and miles of ocean and probably a sailboat or two. 
So this view is how I spent my afternoon. Most of the time, except when the rain moved in, (and it moves through quickly) Eddie and I were upstairs in this deck area alone, enjoying our drinks and the view. 

Lucky for us, the drink passes lasted until midnight. Yee haw! We had to take a short dinner break, run back to the room, eat, take a nap, and head on out to the OTHER beach bar that was playing mediocre piano bar music when we arrived. At 9:15, they switched over to some hip hop and popular dance music. Of course I Eddie and I, having plenty of rum in us, danced the night away with drinks in hand the entire night. Pina colodas, Strawberry Daiquiris, Antigua Sunshines, Miami Vices, and the old standby...Rum and Coke. We had a fabulous time even thought it rained most of the day. Thank goodness for drink passes!

When I woke up this morning, I smelled of rum and I immediately thought I should change my name to Jack Sparrow. What do you think?

2 comments: